Adopt a Dog
Why Adopt a Dog from SALDEA?
An adoption through Salvadores de Animales, Inc. is a wise decision. All our dogs are sterilized, vaccinated, treated for parasites, and in good health. Veterinary records while in SALDEA’s care are given to the adoptive family. Because we house our dogs in foster homes, our dogs are familiar with the home environment and rules of behavior. When you adopt with SALDEA, you are part of the family. We will help you with any concerns, behavioral issues, or problems that may arise. We can recommend a certified dog trainer who will support you with any behavioral concerns. We follow up on all our adoptions, and maintain contact with families. If you ever need us, we are here for you and your dog!
At the time of adoption, you will sit down for an interview with a SALDEA representative and review every item on the adoption contract. You will be asked to initial every item before the contract is accepted.
Requirements to adopt a dog from SALDEA:
1. You must have a fully fenced yard or agree to walk your dog on a leash at all times.
2. You must have a leash, collar, supply of dog food (Kirkland, Purina, or Pedigree), dog bed, and bowls before you adopt.
3. You must consider your dog a member of the family and not a guard dog left in the yard. Chaining SALDEA dogs is forbidden.
4. You must take your dog to the vet for wellness checkups, vaccinations, and at the first sign of illness. If you do not have a vet, you will choose one at the time of adoption.
5. Payment of a $20 donation to SALDEA. Adoptions are NOT finalized until the donation is paid.
6. Photo of your Cedula taken with the signed adoption contract.
7. Electric bill or other utility bill with your full street address. The person whose name appears on the utility bill must be the one to sign the contract.
8. Every adopter MUST provide ONE email address and TWO cell phone numbers. You may use relatives or friends if necessary.
9. Pre-adoptions are possible! You must pay the adoption fee and sign the contract. The animal will not be released to you until after sterilization. You may receive updates and pictures before the animal is released to you.
Canela and Nucita
Canela and her sister Nucita were rescued from a very dangerous situation in Volcan. The sisters are about a year old. When they were rescued from a threatening situation, both were pregnant! They both delivered healthy puppies that have gone on to successful adoptions. The sisters are left behind, looking for their forever home. We would love to adopt these two together. They are deeply bonded, and, frankly, hilarious together. If you look at their facial expressions, you can see that they are funny, playful, and never stop joking around. Both girls are affectionate, well behaved, and perfectly healthy. They are sterilized, vaccinated, and treated for parasites. We suspect that there is a Chihuahua in their ancestry, as both are unusually small. If you want smaller dogs who are affectionate and sociable, these are your girls!
Lulu is a small, gentle girl who is about 2 years old. She is healthy, sterilized, and vaccinated. Lulu comes from an abusive and traumatic situation, and has been in recovery for months. She is loving, intelligent, sensitive, and adores children. Lulu can be playful and silly. She needs a patient and sensitive adopter who can understand her trauma and help her feel safe. Because of her past suffering, we do not recommend Lulu for a first time adopter – she needs someone who can understand her past and help her move forward.