Adopt a Dog
Why Adopt a Dog from SALDEA?
An adoption through Salvadores de Animales, Inc. is a wise decision. All our dogs are sterilized, vaccinated, treated for parasites, and in good health. Veterinary records while in SALDEA’s care are given to the adoptive family. Because we house our dogs in foster homes, our dogs are familiar with the home environment and rules of behavior. When you adopt with SALDEA, you are part of the family. We will help you with any concerns, behavioral issues, or problems that may arise. We can recommend a certified dog trainer who will support you with any behavioral concerns. We follow up on all our adoptions, and maintain contact with families. If you ever need us, we are here for you and your dog!
At the time of adoption, you will sit down for an interview with a SALDEA representative and review every item on the adoption contract. You will be asked to initial every item before the contract is accepted.
Requirements to adopt a dog from SALDEA:
1. You must have a fully fenced yard or agree to walk your dog on a leash at all times.
2. You must have a leash, collar, supply of dog food (Kirkland, Purina, or Pedigree), dog bed, and bowls before you adopt.
3. You must consider your dog a member of the family and not a guard dog left in the yard. Chaining SALDEA dogs is forbidden.
4. You must take your dog to the vet for wellness checkups, vaccinations, and at the first sign of illness. If you do not have a vet, you will choose one at the time of adoption.
5. Payment of a $20 donation to SALDEA. Adoptions are NOT finalized until the donation is paid.
6. Photo of your Cedula taken with the signed adoption contract.
7. Electric bill or other utility bill with your full street address. The person whose name appears on the utility bill must be the one to sign the contract.
8. Every adopter MUST provide ONE email address and TWO cell phone numbers. You may use relatives or friends if necessary.
9. Pre-adoptions are possible! You must pay the adoption fee and sign the contract. The animal will not be released to you until after sterilization. You may receive updates and pictures before the animal is released to you.
Taller is a sweet adult male, sterilized, vaccinated, and in perfect health. He is middle aged (we don’t know exactly how old), of medium-large size. He likes to be close to his people, and will happily go for walks or take a nap next to you. He gets along easily with children and other dogs, and does not seem particularly interested in cats. Taller appeared at a condo complex in Alto Lino, but they couldn’t keep him because the property is not fenced and he would wander. He is very sweet and accepts being moved. He is a talker. If you are looking for a smart, happy, mature dog who can fit into any situation, this is your boy!