Adopt a Cat
Why Adopt a Cat from SALDEA?
An adoption through Salvadores de Animales, Inc. is a wise decision. All our cats are sterilized, treated for parasites, and in good health. Because we house our cats in foster homes, our cats are familiar with the home environment. When you adopt with SALDEA, you are part of the family. We will help you with any concerns, behavioral issues, or problems that may arise. We follow up on all our adoptions, and maintain contact with families. If you ever need us, we are here for you and your cat!
At the time of adoption, you will sit down for an interview with a SALDEA representative and review every item on the adoption contract. You will be asked to initial every item before the contract is accepted.
Requirements to adopt a cat from SALDEA
1. You must agree to keep your cat indoors or only allow it to roam inside a walled yard if you let it outside.
2. You must bring a proper crate to transport the cat at the time of adoption. SALDEA will not permit animals to be transported in cardboard boxes. If you do not have a crate, we can sell you a sturdy cardboard crate for $8 at the time of adoption.
3. You must have a litter pan, cat litter, and a supply of proper cat food (Kirkland or Purina) prior to adoption.
4. You must consider your cat a member of the family. As a feeling and thinking individual, your cat needs time to adjust to its new surroundings and family. Cats may take several weeks to settle in. You must be willing to help your new pet adjust to new environment.
5. You must take your cat to the vet for wellness checkups, regular parasite checks, and at the first sign of illness. If you do not have a vet, you will choose one at the time of adoption.
6. Payment of a $10 donation to SALDEA. Adoptions are NOT finalized until the donation is paid.
7. Photo of your Cedula taken with the signed adoption contract.
8. Electric bill or other utility bill with your full street address. The person whose name appears on the utility bill must be the one to sign the contract.
9. Every adopter MUST provide ONE email address and TWO cell phone numbers. You may use relatives or friends if necessary.
10. Pre-adoptions are possible for kittens in foster care! You must pay the adoption fee and sign the contract. The animal will not be released to you until after sterilization. You may receive updates and pictures before the animal is released to you.
Moustache is so called because of her cute mustache! She is a 1 year old girl who was found with her mother and sister in Alto Boquete when a person was cleaning up their yard. Moustache is still a bit shy and needs an owner who will patiently work with her. She is sterilized, healthy, and ready to find a special home who understands shy kitties.
Pantera is a beautiful young cat about 1.5 years old. He is rather reserved in a dignified way, but he is very sociable. He dislikes thunderstorms. Pantera needs an owner with a quiet household who understands his quiet personality and will respect his need for “me time.”. A home with young children is not recommended.
Our beloved Nova is back because her adopter could no longer take care of her, due to personal circumstances. Nova was a Super Mama Gata, who nursed many orphan kittens and cared for so many besides her own. She is full of love, so gentle and caring. Nova is FIV+ and has minor skin issues that are easy to treat. She is otherwise in excellent condition. Nova would be a joy in any household. Lucky is the person who brings her home!