Adopt a Cat
Why Adopt a Cat from SALDEA?
An adoption through Salvadores de Animales, Inc. is a wise decision. All our cats are sterilized, treated for parasites, and in good health. Because we house our cats in foster homes, our cats are familiar with the home environment. When you adopt with SALDEA, you are part of the family. We will help you with any concerns, behavioral issues, or problems that may arise. We follow up on all our adoptions, and maintain contact with families. If you ever need us, we are here for you and your cat!
At the time of adoption, you will sit down for an interview with a SALDEA representative and review every item on the adoption contract. You will be asked to initial every item before the contract is accepted.
Requirements to adopt a cat from SALDEA
1. You must agree to keep your cat indoors or only allow it to roam inside a walled yard if you let it outside.
2. You must bring a proper crate to transport the cat at the time of adoption. SALDEA will not permit animals to be transported in cardboard boxes.
3. You must have a litter pan, cat litter, and a supply of proper cat food (Kirkland or Purina) prior to adoption.
4. You must consider your cat a member of the family. As a feeling and thinking individual, your cat needs time to adjust to its new surroundings and family. Cats may take several weeks to settle in.
5. You must take your cat to the vet for wellness checkups, regular parasite checks, and at the first sign of illness. If you do not have a vet, you will choose one at the time of adoption.
6. Payment of a $10 donation to SALDEA. Adoptions are NOT finalized until the donation is paid.
7. Photo of your Cedula taken with the signed adoption contract.
8. Electric bill or other utility bill with your full street address. The person whose name appears on the utility bill must be the one to sign the contract.
9. Every adopter MUST provide ONE email address and TWO cell phone numbers. You may use relatives or friends if necessary.
10. Pre-adoptions are possible! You must pay the adoption fee and sign the contract. The animal will not be released to you until after sterilization. You may receive updates and pictures before the animal is released to you.
Musa and Stela
Musa is the mama, less than a year old. Stela is her lookalike kitten, who is 4 months old. Both are sterilized, healthy, and ready to adopt, alone or together. Two beautiful tortoise shell kitties, sweet, gentle, and loving!
Mama Billy and Son Dylan
Sweet mama Billy and her sweet kitten Dylan are sterilized and ready to adopt. Billy is multi-colored, and Dylan is white with a gray head and tail. Both are gentle, loving, healthy, and ready to find their forever home. We are offering these two for ONE adoption fee!
Garfield Mayor (so called because there is a younger cat also named Garfield) is a gorgeous orange and tan tabby. This sweet boy has endured tremendous rejection and instability in his young life. He was recently returned because his owner could no longer care for him. He wants nothing more than a loving, stable home, where he can bond with his family. Garfield is FIV+ so he must be an indoor cat. He is sterilized, gentle, healthy, loving, and ready for his forever home. He gets along with other cats. With his calm nature, Garfield would be a superb companion for anyone.
Nova is a black and white mama cat who raised a beautiful litter of kittens, and has lovingly cared for orphaned kittens as if they were her own. She a happy, vigorous girl loves to exercise, is curious and pleasant with everyone. She loves to talk a lot, answers if you speak to her, and comes if you call her. Nova likes to be in her space and behaves like a queen. Nova is sterilized and ready for a life of her own after being an excellent mother. Nova is FIV+ and is safe to keep with other cats because of her peaceful nature.
Ragus Regal is a sterilized, adult male cat who wants nothing more than to be a lap cat. He enjoys being the center of attention. Ragus lost his home because his former owner because ill and was no longer able to care for him. Ragus has FIV, but is completely healthy. He must be an indoor cat, and would be gladly be an only cat.